Fair Use of Service
1. The BTAS Fair Use Policy is intended to ensure the availability of BTAS Services to all eligible BTAS Customers and to ensure that Services are not used in an unreasonable manner. We reserve the right to vary the terms of this Fair Use Policy from time to time.
2. It is not deemed fair use if the use of the service is reasonably considered by BTAS to:
a) be fraudulent;
b) involve a non-ordinary use;
c) cause significant network congestion, disruption or otherwise adversely affect the BTAS network, a supplier’s network; or
d) adversely affect another entity’s use of or access to the Services, the network or a supplier’s network.
3. Without limitation, fraudulent use includes resupplying or reselling a Service to other business or person without BTAS written consent;
4. Without limitation, non-ordinary use includes circumstances where You make or receive calls and/or make use of the internet on the BTAS network in any non-ordinary manner without obtaining BTAS written consent first. Such consent may be withheld or be subject to conditions at the discretion of BTAS.
5. Use in a non-ordinary manner includes:
a) in the case of fixed line services:
i) usage for operating a telemarketing business or call centre; and
ii) usage with handsets, auto-dialler devices or software or other equipment that have not been approved by us for use on BTAS Network;
b) in the case of mobile services, any use of a SIM in a SIM box, GSM gateway or any device that is used to automatically re-route calls;
c) usage to menace, harass or injure any person or damage anything;
d) usage in connection with an infringement or committing an offence against any law, standard or code; or
e) any other activity which would not be reasonably regarded by BTAS as ordinary use in relation to the Fair Use Service.
6. If we reasonably consider the use of the Fair Use Services as unreasonable, BTAS may, at our sole discretion, without notice:
a) suspend or limit the Service (or any feature of it) and/or
b) terminate the Service in accordance with the Agreement.
7. This policy is supplementary to and does not limit any of BTAS rights.